Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Running low on ideas

So,

I have decided I need to write some more, I have fallen down on the job and for some reason can't seem to think about what to write.

Do I write about how the TSA and obama administration are violating every basic human right that we have in this country? Nope, I don't feel like having my phone wiretapped.

Do I write about how humans are morons? Nope, I think I have covered that quite thoroughly covered that one, and I need to find a new muse anyway.

But after running through all of the questions in my head I came up with weather.

The reason I decided to focus on weather was well, people always complain about how horrible it is, or how hot it is etc. In other words people never just seemed to be happy with what has been given to them, instead of enjoying a break or change they freak.

But less than that, I am going to focus on how the weather is reported. In the winter on the Oregon coast we have a lot of high winds, and rain. Note,  how I refer to nasty weather. "High winds and rain." This statement follows the very nonchalant attitude we have when it comes to weather, but it doesn't quite describe what goes down. If I were to say gusts of over 100, land slides, snow, road closures, and power outages,  that would be a bit more accurate.

People in other spots complain when there are gusts of 50, but we keep going, people complain when there are landslides, and we just find another way around. Is our attitude probably a little bit dangerous? Oh hell yes! But to quote a mother of someone that I know "You have to be tough to live out west."

So, all of you that complain about weather, come live out here for a little bit. After the 4th day without power, you will be CRYING to go back to where you came from.

There isn't as much humor because I think I am losing my touch, but hopefully writing a bit more will get more people to laugh again.

-WCNJ

1 comment:

  1. The people who live here - "In It" so to speak WILL find this humorous! Remember at Disneyland when it was raining and we were in tank tops and shorts (because it was a warm rain) when everyone else was freaking out and wearing garbage sacks? LOL! We ARE a tough breed. It's kind of like Jeff Foxworthy and his You Might Be a Redneck. What should ours be?

    ReplyDelete