Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The One Kid

Good afternoon to you all,


I was listening to a comic, (probably one of my favorites beyond Carlin) Brian Regan. He talks about how lousy he was in school and that there was no greater humiliation then the spelling bee, where everyone can see that you are an idiot. He then goes on to talk about his teacher grilling him about things like the "I before E" rule. He says "I before E... always?" of course we all know this is wrong. The correct answer is I before E most of the time.

 The best part is when his teacher asks him about how to make something plural. And once again, young Brian just can't seem to get the answer right. But alas, the teacher then calls on THAT ONE KID, that ALWAYS, I repeat, ALWAYS has the right answer.

 This began to get me thinking, we all had that one kid in the class that was like that. The one that never got answers wrong, and freaked out to the point of tears if they got anything lower than a b-. Even a b- was rather iffy territory for this kid. What however, was the most disturbing aspect, was when I started wracking my brain, followed by a handful of Ibuprofen (I told you it hurts to think). I began to remember that I was that kid. No joke, through all of grade school that was me. I thought I was king turd on... well you get the idea.

Primarily, I thought I would open this up for people to understand the true downfalls of overachieving. In High school I pretty much gave up. Resulting in a lot of c's and d's that should have been f's. But somehow I pulled it out enough at the last possible moment to get a grade good enough for a transcript. All the while still graduating with a 3.2 gpa... I guess I could have done worse.

Let's flash forward to today,  here I sit, in my parents basement fighting off their cats who want to sit on my lap to no end, writing on a free blogging site because, frankly I have no money to purchase anythings other than Funyuns and Mt. Dew, with a tech school education that I have decided in reality got me nowhere up to this point in my life.

Well, enough about me wallowing in my own self pity, if I was really going to do it, then I would have pulled the trigger by now right?

The point is kiddies, I had it all backwards, I was raised with the understanding that everything is attainable with hard work . This was, in hindsight, as the gangsters put it a "Suckas game." If you truly want to get anywhere in life, slack off and do nothing, rely on government grants to get you through school, and go work for the ACLU to sue the government that has given you so much for being monsters.

Bye the bye, make sure that they still give you everything you want and need, and don't i repeat don't pay taxes, and complain when others that do pay them aren't paying enough of them.

Now, if you excuse me. I have to go wait in line for unemployment and welfare.

-WCNJ

No comments:

Post a Comment